Palin, Palin, Palin...

Ever since John McCain announced Sarah Palin as his VP, the country for the first time, has someone other than Barrack Obama to talk about. However, the talk is not as positive and beneficial for the Republicans as the Obama hoopla that has seemed to have swept the nation. Last night was the Vice Presidential Debates with G.OP. nominee, Sarah Palin and democratic nominee, Joe Biden. Although most of the papers are saying that it was not a blow out by either party and that Palin did hold her own, in my opinion, Biden whooped her butt!
While watching the debates last night, I found myself feeling more and more disappointed because pre-Palin, I was planning on voting for McCain. However, I just do not think I could feel okay with voting for him anymore when
1.) He would think its okay to pick a person as inexperienced and naive as Palin and
2.) Knowing that if anything were to happen to him while in office, she could run our country. I will admit that she does seem like a good leader, and nice person. McCain is defineteley trying to appeal to some people who will characterize with the old "I'm just an everyday American" bit. She takes this role to another level! She was not very eloquent in her speaking last night, I wonder if this was a strategic choice, or if she really is that unpolished. Lastly, she made a comment at the beginning of the debate saying I do respect you years in the U.S. Senate, but I think that Americans are craving something new and different and that new energy and that new commitment that's goign to come with reform. I think that's why we need to send the maverick from the Senate (McCain) and put him in the White House, and I'm happy to join him there. My question from this statement made by Palin is that is she really that stupid and uninformed that she does not know that the whole crave something new, vote for change thing is already Obama's whole campaign pitch?

All in all, I am very disappointed in the Republican VP pick, however, there is a part of me that hopes she is just putting on an act and one day soon she will be interviewed and pull it together for America. I can only hope that Palin is like Clark Kent, and she will remove her glasses and become a hero.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home