Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Man's Unbelievable Creations


My dad is a successful business man;  I am very proud of him. I sometimes wonder, however, how he managed to become successful  because it seems he spends the entirety of his days sitting on his computer and finding the most unbelievably absurd and annoying emails that he forwards along to his entire address book. I am almost certain that everyone has learned to delete them. One day, I don't have the slightest idea why, I decided to actually open one up and read it. To my surprise, I was awestruck by my dad's email....
The email was about the Millau Viaduct, the newly constructed bridge that connects Paris and Barcelona.
     As the tallest vehicular bridge in the world, one of the Millau Viaducts' masts is taller than the Eiffel Tower and only 125 feet shorter than the Empire State Building! I think it is truly incredible that human beings have the ability to make something so seemingly impossible work. The bridge also solved a huge problem with traffic as it has opened up a way to travel directly to and from Paris and Spain--a truly creative feat was achieved here! Just looking at pictures of this structure makes me spellbound with the endless possibilities of creation humans have.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home